Friday, November 20, 2009

And Awwaaaayyy We Go...!!!

Another fantastic night last night in Heaven for Barbaro and all his equine friends.

Well, we are now in transition mode from the original Equine Heaven webpage, to the new and improved Equine Heaven blog!!  Sirrus the Heavenly gopher has pointed out that this new blog allows us to "archive" each post, so that all you down below can view the "happenings" from the previous day!!  You can also comment on this blog and become part of the Heaven's Gate Farm family!!  AWESOME SIRRUS!!!  THANKS!!  However, we all know that things never go as planned and that goes for our dear Sirrus too.  He forgot to mention that he nearly "blew up" the old Equine Heaven website whilst trying to reconfigure things...ahem, seems that his "doings" involved a screw driver (no, not the drink....but there were "computer parts" strewn all over the Heavenly floor!), a couple of Heavenly blue and red wires (Huh?  Why were there wires involved??), and a hammer...(really??  A hammer??  What the heck does one need a hammer for when working with a C.P.U..??)....well, thanks for telling us Sirrus!!  Not too much damage done though, as the Equine Heaven web page is still in tact and still functioning!!  PHEW!!  So, on to bigger and better things, and what could be bigger and better than our beloved Seattle Slew organizing a Heavenly scavenger hunt...and let me tell you, after looking over Slew's list of things to find....well, this could be one of the fastest scavenger hunts on record!!  The Heavenly Scavengers (the actual birds), are extremely excited about this...how ironic huh?  Ok, so let's look at his list:

1)  One light brown stick
2)  A pine cone
3)  A stone (doesn't matter what size, color, or shape)
4)  A blade of grass
5)  An acorn
6)  A crayon  (doesn't matter what color)
7)  A cup of flour
8)  Marshmallows  (He would like at least 5 or 6 from each participant)
9)  A graham cracker crust
10)  Cherry cheese cake filling
11)  Whipped Cream

Um, hmmm, let's evaluate this "list" shall we??  This "hunt" just reeks of suspicion.  First off, what are the odds of finding a stick, a pine cone, a stone, a blade of grass and an acorn, in record time?????  I myself could probably find these items in less time than it took Slew to win the Earthly Kentucky Derby!!!  (Which was impressive by the way!)  So, what is the real purpose of this so-called scavenger hunt??  As we read further down the list, it seems that Slew's mind begins to wander.......Wander wayyyy out into left field....and we all know what "left field" is in Slew's mind......FOOD!!!  It looks like Slew would like his scavenger hunt participants to basically go grocery shopping for him!!  Honestly, who puts marshmallows, a graham cracker crust, cherry cheese cake filling and whipped cream on their scavenger hunt list???  Regret and Ruffian are standing beside me and are laughing their Heavenly tails off while reading this.....they know what's going on....and Slew, all the while, is looking up at the ceiling whistling while the Heavenly participants are wide-eyed looking the list over!!  Ok, just for fun, let's interview a couple of the participants shall we?  Hey, Northern Dancer, what do you make of this scavenger hunt list?  [Northern Dancer is Laughing]  "Is he serious, really?  I mean, I'm completely confused, I'm still trying to figure out how a crayon fits into all this?"  Ya, us too!  We next asked the great John Henry the same question.  [He's laughing as well]  "Um, gee, I've never seen something so odd....and to not include a chocolate dip doughnut on the list makes it even more odd!  Like, I can see where's he's coming from asking for the 'food' stuff, but how do the first six connect with the rest of the list?  Will he be baking a 'stone-stick-acorn-pinecone-grass-crayon cheese cake'??"  Barbaro and Gallant Secret are rolling on the floor laughing, but they know the way Slew works and they are excited to get finding the things on the list!!  But, in all fairness, we asked Barbaro his thoughts......[He's laughing so hard that he's practically hyperventilating]  "It's Slew [laughing]...what did you think was going to be on the list??  But I'll tell ya, we might think Slew is a little 'off' in his thinking sometimes, personally, I don't, but you put this guy on the Heavenly racetrack and he'll blow your socks off!  I can see why he was the Earthly undefeated Triple Crown Winner!!"  Well, there are many participants gearing up to do Slew's scavenger hunt, and if we're correct in thinking that Slew will be baking later on this evening, you can bet your bottom dollar that there WILL be a Heavenly party tomorrow night in the Pottery Barn!!  Fun for the whole family I guess!!  Just fast, quick fun for the whole family.....like 2:02 1/5 type of fast fun!


A Cherub's Welcome To:

Lady
And all animals that have currently joined us.

24 comments:

  1. Hi EH:) & Dee:)
    WOW! *SLEW'S* Scavenger Hunt list made me HUNGRY for cherry cheesecake! Yum!

    I could easily find all the items first on the list...but I don't have the ingredients for the cheesecake:/ The rest, however, are right in my own back yard...well, I might have to walk down the road a ways to find the pinecone..but everything else is in my own little yard:)

    We are getting the RAIN!! It finally arrived here about an hour or so ago..and it's WONDERFUL...cold...brrrrr!! But the wet stuff is a welcome sight/sound/feel, fershure!

    I hope Linda,GA and Sue might find us soon...mayhaps I'll send them an email!

    Hope you two and ALL those wonnerful kidddddds at the Farm have a good Friday night:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Earth Angel Lynne!!! I know, our Heavenly mouths are watering over Slew's list!! Glad to hear you got some rain down there!! Do we need to send out smoke signals to Linda and Sue maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, YIPPEE!! How cool this site is and how wonderful we are back together again. Thanks, Lynne, for emailing me:) Were those smoke signals I saw while feeding the critters, EH? Thanks for leading me to the correct spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, GA!!! LOL! I forgot to send you the LINK...I'm so SORRY! Sometimez I iz so stooopid:(
    Glad...GLAD:) You have found your way here!! Now you are sleeping I betcha..'cause it's nearly 11:30p at your home...sweet dreams, cu tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Earthly Saturday and "BIG PARTY Night" Day Famblee!!! Slew's scavenger hunt was a HUGE success and he received SO MANY marshmallows that he put them in a LARGE Heavenly container and slept beside them on his cloud!! OH MY!! We think he's gonna start baking ANY minute now, for we can hear Heavenly pots and pans "clanking" in the Heavenly kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good mornin', y'all!!

    Someone needs to put Slew's forelock and mane up in braids fast, quick and in a hurry so he isn't 'wearing' marshmallow for the next week! Now I'm craving marshmallow treats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Saturday Morning, Heavenly Family:)
    Me too, Linda! Marshmellow Treats...bring 'em on!

    I forgot to send Sue the Link as well:/ Of course I did...I cc'd her on the same email as yours, Linda...but now I've done that, and hopefully sooner than later...SMWED will be here, too!! Wheeeee!! :)

    The storm has flown over...deposited a 'sort of' decent amount of rain...nothing to write home about, but the ground and trees/brush got a drink at least. This coming week will bring no rain for us...it's all heading straight into the PNW and we get 'nada'...the Jet Stream is, once again, NOT our friend:( and the high pressure area is 'stuck' right over CA:/

    Hope everyone has a good day today..I'll check in a bit later on to see yole....and Sue, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Earthly Monday morning Famblee!!! We braided Slew's mane and forelock Earth Angel Linda!! He looks like Bo Derek in the Earthly movie "10"...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Monday Morning, Heavenly Family!!

    Good thing forelocks (remember when I called them 'bangs'LOL!!) and manes are so short...'cause they way *SLEW* gets going, those little beads would be putting his horsey eyes out! Kinda like Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB Gun 'nightmare' his parents kept warning him against! :) and Monica, of *FRIENDS*...remember the one where they'd all gone to the Bahamas..and the humidity got Monica's hair all wild/crazy and she had it braided and those beads were EVERYWHERE...and then, when they got back home to NYC...LOL...she got hung up in the shower curtain hooks...OMGoodness..:)

    Anyway...Happy Monday, Family!! Four days to T/Day...got your recipes at the 'ready'? Got your lists made? Got your roller skates OILED?:) I'ts the beginning of the HOLIDAY SEASON, fershure...and don't forget to take your VITAMINS, we...none of us is TWELVE anymore..we will be needing all the vitamins we can come by! :)

    Have a great/grand/wonderful day, EVERYONE:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Famblee - sorry I'm late to the blog - will mark it as a fav immediately.

    This is very cool - I love the new format and I love SLEW no matter what he is up to!!!

    XXOO

    NVSally

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Cromoly...It's NV SALLY!! :)Wheeeee!! Glad you are here, Sally!

    Me too!!! sigh....*SLEW* makes me swoon...and laugh...and say 'awwwww' and I wanna help him in the kitchen so bad....I can hardly STAND IT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know - Slew makes me swoon too - but not so sure I want to be in a kitchen with him - LOL.

    Good to see you!!!

    XXOO

    PS - Buddy is me - he has his own name on Sheaffer and I forget to change it.

    NV Sally

    ReplyDelete
  13. BUDDY!!! WHAT A *HANDSOME* HORSE YOU ARE!!:) I like your movie picks and music ones, too! :) I DO have some carrots...I wish I could feed you a few of them, too! Wheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Earthly Tuesday morning Famblee!!! Welcome Earth Angel Sally!! We will post a mid week update tomorrow!! Stay tuned!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Tuesday Morning, Heavenly Family:)

    Sally, I read Scheaffer..but not so often:( I forget about him and Jack!! LOL...they are the CUTEST KIDDS *EVER*!! I'll have to make myself remember to read there more often.

    This day is sooooo bizzy for me..I am wishing it was overwith already and it' not even begun really:/ Things to do, places to go, errands to run...marketing...OMGoodness..and it's 'blue hair' day...even W/Mart, Family...OMGoodness even MOAR:( Well, I'll just put my skates on and put one foot in front of the other...and then the rest of the week..is gonna be much more simple to maneuver through:) I'll be grateful for Katie to zoom me here, there, everywhere and home again, home again, clippity-clop:) and be grateful I've got a frige and a kitchen and a roof over mai head and NOT think about the crowds and the walking/walking/walking on mai old kneezzzzz! :)

    EH...Pls say 'Hi' to *SLEW* for me, willya please? And the Murph-Man and Chiefster, too!

    I watched the PBS Special last night all about *SEABICUIT* and cried...and loved him so much!! And *RED*...what an amazing story they wound together, huh?! It was a wonderful program and I'd forgotten all about it...just happened to be channel surfing as PBS was touting what's on tonight...Whew! I almost missed it! Great show..GREAT HORSE...GREAT PEEPS WHO LOVED HIM, too!! :)

    Everyone, have a good day today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Everyone - I'm being very lazy today - still in my PJ's. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

    XXOO

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lynne - Sheaffer's friends at Primose Donkey Sanctuary are doing a calendar and Buddy is going to be in it - WHOO HOO.

    XXOO

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  18. BUDDY!!! YOU'RE A *CELEBRITY*!!! How TOO COOL for you and your MOM, too!! I'm so *PROUD* for you both:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Earthly Tuesday Evening Famblee!! A quick update.....Slew is trying to knit!! Yep, that's right, Regret is helping him.....hmmm, I think there is "love" in the Heavenly air......that, and the smell of Slew's candy cane sprinkle doughnuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. CANDY CANE SPRINKLE DONUTS??? OMGOSH! SALIVATING....YOU'VE GOT ME POSITIVELY SALIVATING...WHAT A GREAT COMBO:) Leave it to *SLEW* to come up with that great/grand/wonderful idea!

    Zooming today...hope everyone has a great day today...if yole have a chance..do be sure to read Joe...www.tbfriends.com he's got lots of peeps there being thankful:) Heartwarming to read everyone's thankful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Helloooo....Heavenly Family....are yole sitting with your feets up...with full tummys?? Have yole had PIE yet? I haven't...need to whip the cream first...I might aksually wait until TOMORROW to whip the cream and just have pie later on:)

    I hope EVERYONE of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day...filled with good food, good smells, good company, and a Fairy came to clean up your kitchens...and if a Fairy DID come clean...how come they didn't find MY kitchen? :/I'd like their addresses, pls, so I might write them a note!

    Sweet Dreams all:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Golly gee, I just figured out (for the second time) how to get back to this blog site. Yes, I'm a computer idiot :)

    Happy belated turkey day. YOU are what I'm thankful for...such a wonderful Farm Manager to have brought us all together through Barbaro!!

    The Fairy missed my kitchen, too, Lynne:(

    Made peanut brittle just a bit ago. I think I let it go too long...wasn't using my candy therm. It's pretty brown but the spoon tasted goooood!! The peanuts are from Tifton!

    See y'all later if I can figure out the site again:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well I had a great Thanksgiving. A friend from CA came to visit - I cooked - she did the dishes - it was awesome!!!

    XXOO

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good Monday Morning Heaven's Gate Family:)

    Hope yole have recovered from T/Day...made the soup yet? LOL!

    EH:) I am loving that *SLEW* has a girlfriend..and she's teaching him to KNIT! He's such a good boyfriend!!

    I have decorated indoors...got the tree up y'day..the first THREE ornaments hung were:

    1. MURPHY:)
    2. SEATTLE SLEW:)
    3. BARBARO

    They, all three ofem:) are in the same proximity together...and looking MIGHTY FINE, if I do say so myself!

    I hope everyone has a great day today! cyolel8ron.

    ReplyDelete