Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Post Heavenly Hippity Hop Race Interview

Of course the entrants of the Heavenly Father's Day Hippity Hop Race had to sit down afterwards and discuss the strategies and techniques that each used during their run....(If there were any strategies, ahem...!!) Needless to say, this discussion took place immediately after they woke up Seattle Slew, who stopped mid-race for an afternoon siesta along the backstretch......!!! Remember yesterday when Barbaro, Secretariat, Affirmed, Northern Dancer and Diabolo did some creative "face-painting" on Slew after the race while he was still asleep? Yep, picture this, we have the entrants around the table to begin our post-race discussion, yet ONE of these Heavenly equines just DOESN'T belong....Can you guess who? You got it....The Geisha Girl!!! Seems that Northern Dancer got his hooves on some white face powder and did a light "dusting" over Slew's face!! LIGHT DUSTING??  I think not.....Slew's face is as white as a fresh blanket of new fallen snow!!!  Of course Secretariat and Affirmed did his eyes with VERY BLACK eyeliner, which curled up at the corners "a la" Elizabeth Taylor in the movie "Cleopatra", while Barbaro and Diabolo applied red, red, RED lipstick to a newly-designed tiny set of Heavenly lips. A little bit of Heavenly mousse in Slew's already "wind-whisked" forelock and "POOF", a teased up hairdo!!!  VOILA!!! Let's start the discussion, shall we?? Of course Slew has no idea what he looks like and we're certainly not about to tell him yet, however, it will become quite challenging for us not to laugh whenever we look at him!!! 

Heavenly Interviewer: "How does this type of race differ than other races any of you had participated in?"

Barbaro: "Are you kidding me? We're bouncing on rubber balls using our back legs to move and we ran the first quarter in 25 minutes. You do the math! I've never been loaded in a starting gate sitting on anything, definitely felt weird....!" (laughs)

Affirmed: "Barbaro, you could win a race moonwalking, blindfolded, while reciting the alphabet backwards...you're that good!!" (entire group laughs while agreeing)

Heavenly Interviewer: "Northern Dancer, at what point did you realize you were racing the wrong way?"

Northern Dancer: "Oh, that was embarrassing...." (Yes, cause the fact that you were all riding Hippity Hop balls in a race wasn't?) "I guess when I seen the Heavenly rail on my right side while I was bouncing along kinda made me start to wonder.....That and the fact that I seen Diabolo and Barbaro heading towards me at "mach 1" speeds!"

Heavenly Interviewer: "Slew, you made it to the backstretch, then took a nap, why?" (Trying hard not to look directly at him...........The gang is snickering)

Slew: "I just found that the aerodynamics and circumference width of the rubber Hippity Hop ball were not conducive to the amount of draft available and the dirt track ratios were way off, which really hindered my ability to make up any ground plus I got tired from going in circles!" (Huh??) (The gang is laughing hysterically now as Slew looks to his left and right wondering WHY??!!!)

Heavenly Interviewer: "Diabolo, can you attribute your deadheat win to the polish that Sword Dancer applied to your Hippity Hop ball in the post parade?"

Diabolo: "Man, THAT was a challenge! Here I am expecting to bounce and I end up sliding into the Clubhouse turn on my side, white knuckled the entire time. I think I should have worn knee pads and shin guards!!" (Leans over on his side, eyes wide, eyebrows up, mimicking going into the turn sideways - the group is laughing again)

Heavenly Interviewer: "Affirmed, you broke from the gate good, but then you just started bouncing up and down without making up any ground, what was going through your head at the time?"

Affirmed: "Honestly? You want to know what was going through my head?  Ok, my first thought was, hmmm, I'm a Triple Crown winner sitting on a rubber ball, holding rubber handles, going absolutely NOWHERE but UP, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to do this!  I won the Belmont Stakes for crying out loud, the most grueling race of the Triple Crown, and for some reason I can't maneuver this d#$m rubber ball??!!" (laughing) (Heavenly pardon)

Secretariat: "I agree with Affirmed, I too won the Triple Crown yet there's something to be said about 'bouncing' your way into the winner's circle. A definite challenge to say the least and TIRING as well!!"

(Oh oh, Slew has just scratched an "itch" on his nose and has noticed that his hoof is now WHITE.....YIKES!!!.....He's looking at it, studying it, still staring at it, thinking, thinking, nothing yet, his face is still expressionless.....nothing, nothing......we're looking at each other wondering if he'll put two and two together.......COME ON SLEW...GET THERE.....and, and, and BINGO!! He just started laughing and turned to us all and quipped, "Aw man, I got Cool Whip on my face still from the night before...!!" Oh well, he'll figure it out soon enough!!)

Heavenly Interviewer: "Ok, well I just want to thank all of you for your input at this Round Table discussion, are there any final thoughts?"

Barbaro: "Ya, NO MORE RUBBER HIPPITY HOP BALL RACES!!" (laughing)

Diabolo: "Let's have a rematch, only this time, no cooking spray polish on mine!"

Affirmed: "Good luck with that, count me out!!" (laughing)

Secretariat: "How about a soap-box Derby instead?"

Northern Dancer: "A hockey game! I'm Canadian, what can I say?" (laughing)

Seattle Slew: "A BAKE-OFF!!!!"

Oh Slew, you're hilarious!!! Now where's Regret with that mirror of hers so we can show Slew EXACTLY what he looks like......

8 comments:

  1. Cool whip!? Slew, you are just too funny! Cannot wait to hear what his reaction is when he actually finds out it's NOT cool whip! lol!!!

    Going to the gym to a class called Boot Camp. Sure do hope our instructor doesn't find out about these Hippity Hop balls. She'll have us bouncing around the city block as part of our class. My thigh muscles ache just thinking about it!!!

    EH, I don't blame ya none on not wanting to take a View Crew trip ANYWHERE...heck, the last time y'all came down we lost you for weeks and weeks:) I do love Macy's, though...

    Missed Mead last night but it appears that everyone else did, too. Where is our Lynne??
    linda ~ ga

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, EH, you are a sweetheart! I just finished watching the trailer for Secretariat:) Even though it made me cry a little, I think that, because of what I saw in this preview, I'll be able to go to the movie theater and watch it!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    linda ~ ga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Everyone!! :) I've been kinda 'sidetracked' these past two days and this evening...9p here in the westwing...suddenly:-O I remembered EH IS BAAACCCKKKKK:) So...I've got caught up now on the HAPPS and me too, Linda! I can't WAIT to read about *SLEW* 'figgering' out it's NAWT COOL WHIP!!

    EH..I don't blame you for not wishing to chaperone a trip to MACY*S...but gee whiz!! Can't you just SEE *SLEW'S* eyes as he gazes around and sees ALL THE AUNTY MARTHA stuff in her department!! :) Wheeeeee!!

    I hope everyone had sweet dreams...Pls give my 'boyfriend' a hug for me, EH...I love him to PIECES:) But wait 'til he gets all that white powder off his face, so you don't get all messed up with it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Earthly Thursday Morning Famblee!!!

    Linda~I actually tried one of those Hippity Hop balls and I bounced so high I landed sideways then hit the Heavenly dirt!! YIKES! I sure hope your instructor doesn't pull them out for all of you to try...You may want to wear some Earthly hockey equipment if you do get on one! LOL!!

    Lynne~Slew keeps mentioning "Paula Deen" (sp?) Who is that? I'm not familiar with her and what she does?

    ReplyDelete
  5. EH:) Uh-Ohhhhh....Paula Deen!! If *SLEW* has heard about Ms. Deen and her expertise with Southern Comfort Foods...all I can say is, "GOT BUTTER?!" One of her mottos is, "Everything is bettah with buttah" :) She's a kick in the drawers and cooks wonderful dishes oozing with lots of flavors and buttah:) And she has a great/grand/wonderful time doing it, too:)

    I blue-ink-linked the Secretariat Movie Trailer out on the Front Porch late last night, westwing time...and suggested as they page to the bottom of this home page, they might stop and read awhile, 'cause there's some good stuff going on at Heaven's Gate Farm:)

    Got my 'to-do' list made and suppose:/ I ought to get with it here pretty soon. Have a great day today, Linda, GA and Heavenly Farm Manager and *SLEW*, *BARBARO*, *GALLANT SECRET*, *TOOCUTEFOALS* who must about be ready for Jr. High by now...LOL and of course:
    *MURPHY*
    *C. ATTLE SLEW*:)
    *CHIEFSTER*
    *COOPSTER*
    *KAISER*
    *PIPER*
    *JOHN HENRY*
    *GEORGE WASHINGTON*
    *EIGHT BELLES*
    *LOST IN THE FOG*
    Shoot...there's so many of them...I wish ALL THE RESIDENTS AT HGF A VERY 'DINE&FANDY' "FRIDAY EVE"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. EH....LOL Look what I found in my 'favorites' list this morning from days gone by and *SLEW*!!

    CHOCOLATE POPCORN-PAULA DEEN

    Ingredients
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup light corn syrup
    1/2 stick butter
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    8 cups popcorn
    Directions
    Over medium heat, using a 4 quart pot, combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, cocoa, and salt and bring to a boil. Once the mixture is well mixed, add the popped corn. Cook and stir until popcorn is coated, approximately 2 minutes. Cool mixture and shape into 3-inch balls.

    Ironic, huh?!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thursday, y'all!

    Lordamercy, it's H O T down here in the South Wing:( Wish relief was in the cards but our weatherman says no...

    Paula Deen! Now that's a lady who knows her stuff! Rainbow Dee loves her:) She lived in Albany GA before moving over to the coast years ago & my son-in-law hung around w/ one of her boys..Bobby, I think. He had the opportunity to eat with them a couple times and was in awe of all the FOOD. He still talks about it and how good it was!!
    linda ~ ga

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynne~AHA!! So THAT'S why Slew had the Flower Picking Brigade churning Heavenly butter last night!! Or, should I call it "buttah"?? LOL!! There's a Heavenly dumptruck load of it...now WHAT recipe in Heaven's name would require 9 tonnes of butter??!! Oh nooooo.......!!!

    Linda~Maybe we can turn on the Heavenly "fan" and blow some cool air down your way!!??

    ReplyDelete