Friday, July 23, 2010

Who Wants Baked Goods, Er, Ah, Baked "Bads".......???

Leave it to Slew to experiment with tools one would normally NOT use in a kitchen to bake....like, let's say for example...a WELDING TORCH!!  With welding mask in hand, er, ah, hoof, and Heavenly welding tanks filled with oxygen and acetylene....Yep, you read that correct...ACETYLENE, your beloved Seattle Slew thought it would be a great idea to create a "lightly golden brown" pie crust on his latest baked good....!!!!  Did we say "lightly golden brown"????  Now please try and get a visual of how this all went down...You can picture Slew in his welding gear, right?  Yes, he put his black welder's mask on his head, and after doing so, bumped into several Heavenly walls because he couldn't see properly, which in turn caused a flurry of laughter from the rest of the gang. (Yes, Secretariat and Alydar started a "pool" to see how long it would take for Slew to do something "out of the ordinary")  Now if one didn't realize what Slew was trying to accomplish, one would think that he was trying out for the Earthly part of Darth Vader from the Earthly movie, Star Wars.......Below is a photo of Slew's welding mask.....And below that is a photo Darth Vader.....See the resemblance???



So, of course someone had to point out the fact that Slew looked identical to your Earthly Darth Vader, (That "someone" would aptly be named, Assault, John Henry, Barbaro, Affirmed, and George Washington!)  Thanks guys, now Slew's got a Heavenly broom handle in his hoof, and he's waving it around the room like it's a lightsaber!!  EVERYONE DUCK!!!  Oh no....Slew is now making the Darth Vader, "heavy breathing" noises whilst swinging that broom handle around......Please don't say, "Luke, I am your father!", please don't, please don't, please don't...YIKES....THERE IT IS....In a voice that has absolutely NO resemblance to Darth Vader (sounds more like he's got a hairball caught in his Heavenly throat), your beloved Seattle Slew utters the most famous words ever to come out of the mouth of an Earthly fictional character......"LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER!", which in turn were followed by the words, "WHO IS LUKE ANYWAYS?"  Ah, leave it to Slew........always looking for answers!!  Speaking of answers, can someone please tell me how this turned into a scene from The Empire Strikes Back....I THOUGHT we were suppose to be baking pies???  Back to the task at hand, er ah, hoof, and finally Slew relinquishes the broom handle to Regret and gets back to the business of baking pies and cakes.......

Well, to make a long story short, after lightly torching everything in sight, yes everything; Heavenly oven mitts, walls, doors, ceiling, stove, windows, etc., etc., etc.,...Slew finally gives us a peek at his "finished" baked goods.....And when we say "finished", we mean "finished", like wrecked, ruined, decimated, destroyed, unedible.....the list of adjectives are endless.....Anyways, below is a couple of photos of Slew's creation using a welding torch.....And in case you can't identify them, we'll help you:  The photo directly below is suppose to be a "Fruitcake"....well now, who da thunk it??  And the photo below that is suppose to be a Boston Cream Pie......What we're still scratching our Heavenly heads about is how in Heaven's name did the pie rise directly out of the pie pan.....Was it trying to make a "getaway"?????  Oh well, onto the next fiasco.....



8 comments:

  1. Oh, *SLEW*!! Hunny! LOL....Listen, Slew...I am SURE Aunty Martha (Stewart) sells one of those SMALL baking torch thingys in her collection at MACY*S, Slew....gather up *REGRET* and some of the gang and make a View Crew trip to MACY*S there is a great one in NYC and others all OVER our Earthly Earth!! Aunty Martha sells ALL KINDS of culinary tools, *SLEW*...you could have a veritable cook's HEYDAY spotting 'IMPORTANT...CAN'T LIVE/COOK WITHOUT THEM' items in her Department there at MACY*S!! Oh, the funnnnnnnnn you will HAVE, Honey!! Wheeee! Bring along a Heavenly Angel Parcel Truck or twelve though...'cause there's so MUCH to find and bring along home!! Wheeeeee!

    Oh...and ALSO....(this part is for *REGRET*) they have BRIDAL REGISTRY at ALL the MACY*S stores....and such LOVELY things to choose and place on your list! Wheeeeeeee! (moar) Just in case *SLEW* might be popping that so important question sooner than later:) They even have *DIAMOND RINGS* for such an occassion, too!! OMGolly, *REGRET* Bring *RUFFIAN* along, Hunny...she'll be of GREAT HELP TO YOU in choosing! SO EXCITING!!! :)

    EH: Sorry if I have perhaps planted a 'seed' with this post...better think about packing your bags? LOL! Well, EH, MACY*S also sells *GODIVA CHOCOLATES* too...so, while the Crew is wreaking havoc, you can find that department and 'console' yourself :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evenin', y'all! Hot in the south wing and peoples are grumpy:) Lost my first post because I couldn't remember my google password...I'm the grumpy one now:( Am just praying that I can figure the password now that I'm home and not harried!

    This girly is tickled pink that Slew is back to baking. His antics always make me laugh! The photos are a hoot, EH...thanks for showing me that there are worse cooks/bakers out there than me!!(sorry Slew).

    Have a great rest of the night!
    linda ~ ga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Earth Angel Linda!! There are so many Earthly passwords to remember nowadays, even I get mixed up sometimes!!

    Can you believe that Slew actually TASTE TESTED some of those "torched" beauties!!?? YUCK!! Looks like he was wearing charcoal lipstick when he was done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, y'all! Still scorching hot and oh so dry here in the South Wing.

    EH, I have to share a story of MY taste testing days (I might have shared it before but it's getting shared again!! lol!). When my son was in kindergarten I would walk him and his sister to and from school. One afternoon he raced up to me and told me all about this delicious dessert he'd had after lunch...it was made of sweet peanut butter, rolled into a ball and covered in chocolate. I told him I was glad he'd had such a yummy treat and maybe I'd be lucky enough to get some one day. Several weeks went by and then on another afternoon he raced across the school yard hollering they'd had that dessert again! I scooped him up and told him I was so sorry I'd missed it. He told me I didn,t, that he'd saved some for me....reached into his jeans pocket and pulled out a wad of the sweet peanut butter treat, pocket fuzz and all!! As any good mama would, I took it and popped it into my mouth, saying it was truly delicious! Told him we'd have to figure out the recipe it was so good:) Now as an adult chef he remembers that and cannot believe how I ate it...I just tell him he'll understand when he has children of his own. I guess if Slew'd of asked you to, you'd of 'taste tested' right along side him, wearing your own shade of charcoal lipstick and looking quite goth!!

    As for my password, I was using the correct one, just not using the dang right email address! Sheesh!
    linda ~ ga

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! Linda~That's what makes you an excellent Earth Angel parent!!! You ate it, (lint, dirt and all) to please the little one! BRAVO!!
    And yes, ALL of Heaven's Gate Farm had charcoal lipstick on today....we love Slew so much that we just had to have a taste, and you know, once you got past the 3 layers of burntness, it really wasn't too bad!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope y'alls Picnic Day was a super one!

    It's just too hot down in the South. Seems like it rained all around us but we got nary a drop. Beanie dug such a hole to reach wet dirt even though I've watered hit dirt each night this week. Finally we took fresh dirt and put it down, layering it with water. He's a happy boy dogger now!! Bay & Lulee just go under the big dog house. I guess it's cool for them...I'm too big to fit in the 'rabbit hole' so I guess I'll never know! lol!!

    Had to laugh at the 'three layers of burntness' line, EH. Love that flavor on my marshmallows but not on my pies!!! Wonder what that Slew is doing right now.... lol!!

    linda ~ ga

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Monday Afternoon from the Westwing, Everyone:) Hope your Monday is going just 'swimmingly'!

    EH: LOL I cannot help but notice, EH you've not commented on my post above suggesting *SLEW* grab *REGRET* and *RUFFIAN* and take a trip to MACY*S to check out the kitchen/culinary tools in their Martha Stewart department....and the Bridal Registry and also, the Union Street Jewelers Department in case a **DIAMOND RING** might be needed....you were probably HOPING *SLEW* wouldn't see my post, huh, EH:) LOL moar! I'm so evil...tee-hee!

    Not as hot here today, which is always welcome in July!! I mean, it's not cool either..but nowhere near as hot as y'day, this time:)

    OK..everyone have a fine evening...
    xoxolynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Earth Angel Lynne.....As much as I would LOVE to chaperone another "View Crew" trip, I'm terrified to bring Slew to an Earthly jewelry and culinary store...kinda like a "bull in the China Shop" scenario?? LOL!! We break it, we buy it and I KNOW Slew would "accidently" trip over something and then.......SMASH!!!!! YIKES!! I will run your suggestion by him and see what he says....Could be a fun trip though!!

    ReplyDelete