Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Comedy Central

The Pottery Barn is full this evening as "Slew The Entertainer", is once again practicing some of his stand-up comedy routines......He seems to think that he has a Heavenly future making all the residents at Heaven's Gate Farm laugh, but what he doesn't realize is that usually his normal day to Heavenly day activities is enough to keep the gang rolling around on the floor in stitches!!  Just keep in mind that when Slew was on your Earth, there were many things that confused him regarding humans and we think that he may have a few questions about them......Let's listen in shall we??  [Slew is on the Heavenly stage wearing a gold and black tie...and we think that this will be his "trademark" when doing stand-up, since these were his Earthly stable colors]

Slew:    "I cannot figure this one out...If airline seat cushions are such great flotation devices, why don't you ever see anyone take one to the beach?  I mean, instead of water wings for the kids, why not just sit them on an airline seat cushion in the family pool and pull them around?  The kids would LOVE that!  Kids love new and exciting things!  Speaking of kids, does anyone remember Bozo the Clown when they were growing up?  I remember hearing of him, but I'm perplexed......Do we really need 'the Clown' part?  Honestly, are we going to confuse him with Bozo the Tax Attorney?  Bozo the Mechanic?  And what's the deal with this.....Why is it when you turn on the TV you see ads for telephone companies, and when you turn on the radio you hear ads for TV shows, and when you get put on hold on the phone you hear a radio station?  How confusing is that???"  [The Heaven's Gate residents are in an uproar at this point!!  Slew pauses to take a drink of water]  "I remember traveling to many a racetrack in my days on Earth and there was always one thing I could NOT figure out....Did you ever notice that when you are sitting at a red light, and the person in front of you pulls up a couple of inches, you are compelled to move up too?  Do we really think we are making progress toward our destination?   'Whew, I thought we would be late, but now that I am nine inches closer, I can stop for coffee and a danish!'  [The Pottery Barn is filled with laughter!  Slew is laughing too!]  "And another thing I don't get...I would be so tired of having to come up with another little outfit for myself everyday if I were a human.  In fact, I will say this—and I think many Earthly people would agree with me—I think eventually fashion won’t even exist.  I think someday you’ll all wear the same thing.  Because anytime I see an Earthly movie or an Earthly TV show where there are people from the future or another planet, they’re all wearing the same outfit.  Somehow they all decided, 'All right, that’s enough.  From now on, this is going to be our outfit. One-piece silver jump suit, with a V-stripe on the chest, and boots. That’s it.  We’re going to start visiting other planets and we want to look like a team.!!'  [Northern Dancer and John Henry are rolling on the floor laughing hysterically!!] 

Well, we're heading off to cloud, but we think Slew will keep them laughing all night long.......We hope so, he's pretty good at this!!!


A Cherub's Welcome To:

Destiny
And all animals who have currently joined us.

6 comments:

  1. Well..bummer! I posted my reply on 11/30 Comments...sorry 'bout that! Still learning my way here:) The tree, EH, I think might have been somewhere between 60-70 years old:( I'll ask the men, whenever they come to buck it up into fire wood, if they have an idea of it's age. I do so miss it, as the yardscape is so different without it now....the more the day progressed y'day, the more sad I became.

    I hope yole will have yourselves a 'dine&fandy' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Earthly Friday Morning Famblee!!

    Lynne~I received the photo of the Earthly oak tree....she was a beautiful tree!!

    Hello Earth Angels Dee, Linda, Sue and Sally!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, Heavenly Family:)

    Hope everyone is just 'dine&fandy' this Friday moring!

    Yes, EH she was for sure, a very beautiful tree...and the major 'freeway exchange' for the squirrels, too. However, by now, they've all learned she is down and they have been finding other routes to the feeders on the porch....life does go on..

    I hope EVERYONE will enjoy a great day today, I hope it goes swiftly and uneventfully and before yole know it, you are already in the 'weekend mode':)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness, Lynne, the weekend mode has finally arrived for ME! My week has been the worst in years so I'm ready for our normal Mead Day...meet and greet Quidich whatever!

    Are there any egg nog type Christmas drinks, EH, because I sure need one!

    Sorry to hear of the tree, Lynne. Squirrels are so smart!! We had some in MI while I was growing up that learned to get to the birdfeeder mama had by tight rope walking her clothes line! Daddy had rigged up something on the bottom of the post holding the feeder up and placed it just right between two birch trees. Those little guys figured it out after a couple days of trying to be flying squirrels!! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Everybody!! Yole know how I always liken Murphy to Snoopy...well...look what I haz found..I hope this works....awww:/ it doesn't work here...darnit! Well it's the CUTEST 48" tall dog house..with a red roof..Snoopy is laying on top..and Woodstock is perched on his doggy belly!!! 200 lights, made of metal and pvc and comes with ground stakes!! I found a hardware store in a nearby town which sells them and will call tomorrow to see if any are in that store!! Wheeeeeee!! :)

    If I am able to find one and get it home somehow..I am not so sure if even in the box, it will fit into 'Katie'...might need to ask a neighbor with a truck to take me there...I'll take a picture and send it along to yole...it's just the *BEE'S KNEES*, Heavenly Family:)

    Linda, hope you got your egg nog with a bit of spiking in it tonight:)

    ReplyDelete