Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Gift of a Hero

The Gift of a Hero


It is a gift for those of us that have been blessed with the determination of a horse -- displaying itself proudly when we call upon it -- when we need it the most. For their determination is immeasurable.


It is a gift for those of us that have been invited to learn a horse's language -- one that uses not words -- but pure and truthful reflections. For their language knows nothing but unconditional love.


It is a gift for those of us that harbor the courage of a horse -- to be able to look fear in the eyes -- yet stand proud while seeking triumph. For their courage is celebrated.


At some point in time, a horse has touched our lives in some unique and special way -- and because of this -- the horse, in all its glory, gives us the strength to carry on in the face of adversity. Their title, that of "horse", encompasses what we've known and felt deep inside our hearts all along.......all you have to do is rearrange the letters.....they are our "heros"......





Happy Heavenly Birthday Barbaro...!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Handsome Sweetheart:)

    What beautiful words your Heavenly Farm Manager has posted here today...YOUR *SPECIAL DAY*!

    Happy Birthday, Barbaro! Happy Happy Day to You!
    Thank you for all you've given and taught and for simply being the MOST HANDSOME SWEETHEART IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE AND BEYOND...FOREVER AND EVER!
    xxooxxooxx!!
    Lynne-Your Forever Friend in CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This date has been special to me my whole life, before I even knew about the oh so special horse,Barbaro...my sissy was born on it:) She is gentle, patient, trusting, a teacher...just like Barbaro. My sissy has taught me alot! I've learned so much about horses through 'knowing' Barbaro. I thank the Big Big Boss Above for blessing me with such gifts!!! Happy Birthday!!
    linda ~ ga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mead Day Friday, y'all!!

    Don't believe I'll be watching the Derby this year...don't even know what horses are running! Our Angel Natalie is going to see the Derby...she's there NOW, in fact, visiting the museums and monuments. I'm so jealous she gets to see Barbaro! When the View Crew gets down that way, have them check out her hat. I'm sure she'll be the only one wearing one! lol!!!

    Cheers, y'all:)
    linda ~ ga

    ReplyDelete